Three Piece Brass Girandole or Candelabrum Set
Made and Stamped by Cornelius and Company
Philadelphia Circa 1848
Height: 17 1/2 inches on the triple light
Width: 17 1/2 inches on the triple light
For a set that is similar to these in the Winterthur collection please see Donald Fennimore, Metalwork in Early America: Copper and its Alloys from the Winterthur Collection, entry 137, pages 226-7.
The patent for The Last of the Mohicans design was secured in December of 1848 for the central light and April of 1849 for the two outer lights.
Inventory #: 7339